Saturday, October 2, 2010
Tulip Top Gardens
Eek, only a week of Floriade and related attractions and events to go, and there's likelihood of rain over the next few days. So we decided to take the opportunity of a fine though slightly cooler and cloudy day to visit Tulip Top Gardens, a private park just north of Canberra, which is open to the public to coincide with Floriade. We'd only been once before, a very long time ago, when it was far less extensive and on top of that we missed most of the flowering. This time we were very impressed, not only were the flower beds absolutely gorgeous but the many blossom trees and weeping willows really enhanced the scene. Unlike Floriade this garden charges admission but I think it's well worth it.
Labels:
Floriade,
gardens,
Tulip Top Gardens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















3 comments:
Mac, you can't hear me but I am sitting in front of the 'puter uttering groans of sheer ecstasy at your photographs. This is the pay-off, isn't it, for all that Canberra cold which scares me to death.
Blessings and bliss
Brigid
Hi Mac.
I remember that garden from years ago. It seems to have improved a lot.
Nice portrayal of the whole garden.
Denis
The cold winters give us the glorious autumns and springs. Sometimes I have to work very hard to remind myself of that :-)
Post a Comment